Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mid-week update

I am writing this update as I am just about to leave for Rochester, NY where I will get to hang out with my brother and sister-in-law. Vacation ahoy!

The thing about vacation of course is that the period right prior to the vacation always feels more stressful than otherwise because I want to get ALL THE THINGS* done before vacation. And things are ramping up as fall approaches; I had quite a few meetings this past week, in addition to all the remaining work I have to do on repertoire. Not to mention trying to get my apartment, inbox, brain, etc. ship-shape before the approaching deluge. I have talked to other musicians recently who are feeling similarly apprehensive about the oncoming storm of the academic year. Courage, my friends!

One thing I forgot to mention is that I was interviewed a few weeks ago. This went up on the reporter's blog, but I understand it will also be published in the Somerville News.

*See here for an explanation of "all the things." Possibly not safe for work depending on how you feel about asterisks in the middle of swear words.

No comments:

Post a Comment