Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mid-week update

Busy week, as always!

Last Friday I went to see the Harvard Summer Chorus perform Corigliano's Fern Hill and Beethoven's Mass in C. Led by Andy Clark, they did an excellent job. I love Fern Hill, and it was delightful to hear it again. And the Beethoven was extremely charming. Kudos to everyone involved for great tuning, diction, rhythm, and expression. Kind of amazing that the group has only been singing together for a couple of months!

Last weekend my father was here, and it was delightful to see him. He came with me to a small house concert that my voice teacher, Emily Romney, had for her students who were studying over the summer. I sang Britten's "A Charm" from A Charm of Lullabies and "But Who May Abide" from the Messiah. Happy to report that everything quite well, and Emily's neighbor who attended quite enjoyed the concert! One of my remaining summer tasks is to make an audition CD to use during the year.

Other work included continuing to teach sight-reading (I picked up another student, and I'm really enjoying teaching lessons), continuing to work on choosing repertoire for the upcoming season for various groups (invariably massively time-consuming), and working really hard with Anthology for our upcoming Road Trip concert at the end of September! We are in the thick of trying to arrange and memorize all the repertoire. Here's a link to the poster for our upcoming performance at the Newton Free Library - put it on your calendars!

No comments:

Post a Comment