Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day in the life - Saturday and Sunday

Yesterday, Saturday, I didn't have much scheduled, which meant I said to myself, "I have to get everything done today!" Needless to say that didn't happen, but I did some laundry, cooked a batch of soup for the week, finished transcribing and posted my interview with Donald Teeters, sent some press material out for Anthology's upcoming concert, wrote a rough draft of an Anthology press release, sent some much-overdue e-mails, went to taekwondo, and worked on the Otello score. Then in the evening I went to a friend's birthday party, and once again wished that Rockband actually transcribed its vocal parts out onto a real staff. (Note to Harmonix employees: yes, yes, I understand why this is not actually tenable.)

Today I left the house at 7:30 am, rehearsed the choir and bells from 8:30 am - 10:00 am, had a worship service at my church at 10 (my bell choir performed for the second time!), drove to Boston, where I was the "CD technician" for Donald Teeters' pre-concert lecture, heard the Boston Cecilia sing Bach's Mass in B Minor at Jordan Hall, and then led a 3-hour Otello rehearsal from 7-10 pm. It was a long day!

In other news, I just found out that the Tanglewood conducting fellowship deadline was five days ago. Argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment