Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thursday update

This week, between planning two lectures on modern song and Britten's War Requiem for Lasell Village, practicing voice, and keeping up with teaching lessons and rehearsals (and a recording session on Sunday that I have to sign a NDA for!) I'm also immersed in planning Cantilena's season. The programs are due next week, so I'm kind of cutting it down to the wire, as usual. Current sadness is that I found a wonderful difficult Persichetti piece that I just think won't fit into the program - Winter Cantata, op. 97. Well, there's always next year!

In other news, trying to actually cook and eat all of my CSA farm share takes an enormous amount of time and effort.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:07 PM

    We did the Winter Cantata in Women's chorus when I was in grad school. It was indeed quite hard, but also really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenjari, Persichetti is the kind of guy where on first glance I go "really?" and on second glance I go "cool!" I remember we did his Celebrations at my high school, and it was a very painful but very growing experience for everyone involved!

    ReplyDelete