Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday link

Last Thursday night I went to see the play Opus at the New Repertory Theater in Watertown. Everything I've ever seen at New Rep has been great, and this was no exception. It's a play about a string quartet, and how the members interact with each other. As a member of a quartet myself, I was very excited to see it, although considering the dysfunction of the group onstage, I'm happy to say that it didn't feel entirely familiar. But it all rang very true to life (esp. the passionate conversations about one crescendo in one particular bar) and the acting was truly excellent. This coming weekend is the last weekend, so go see it!

Here is a link to the Boston Globe review; here's a link to the Boston Globe interview with the playwright; and here's a link to buy tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment