Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Daily updates, Day 1

My friend Christianne (over at Singin' in the Lane) and I met for a good-bye dinner of sushi before I left Princeton, and we agreed that we both wished we updated our blogs more regularly. So we made an agreement that starting today, we would post something every day for a week.

Luckily, I have something to report! I got offered a job today, and I took it. It's a temporary substitute-teaching job at a private school in Cambridge, and I'll be teaching middle-school music for the month of September. The school has a good reputation, the classes are small, there's tons of administrative support, there are complete syllabi for me to follow, and the compensation is generous. It's a great gig. This doesn't mean I'm not still somewhat terrified of jumping in and teaching middle-school full-time for a month, but I think I'll survive. What happens after that is still unknown, but at least I'll have income for one month, and you know I'm going to learn something.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm glad that you've got something lined up. I have lots of respect for the people who teach middle school, and I'm sure you'll be perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:25 PM

    YIPPPEEE!

    Not only income, but great experience and a nice item for your resume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:37 AM

    What fantastic news! Congratulations; may this be only the first of many such accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete