Thursday, October 08, 2009

Life update

I realize I haven't quite outlined everything I'm doing this fall. I had an e-mail exchange yesterday that I found rather amusing, and that goes straight to the heart of how busy I am.

---------------------
From:Person
To:Allegra

Hi there!

I was just curious if people are still joining chorus/if you guys are still accepting new members?

Thank you,
Person

---------------------

From:Allegra
To:Person

Yes! We are! Would you like to come to rehearsal tonight? It's TIME to TIME in PLACE. I would love to accept you as a new member.

-Allegra Martin

---------------------

From:Allegra
To:Person

Oh, wait. It occurs to me that I'm not sure which chorus you are talking about. Are you a Lasell student? Or are you interested in Cantilena or The Notables or First Parish Cohasset?

All the best,
Allegra Martin

------------------------------------------------------------

Yes indeedy. I am currently an adjunct faculty member at Lasell College, where I am directing the chorus; I am the music director for Cantilena; I am the music director for the Notables; I am the music director at First Parish Cohasset; and I am teaching at Mission Hill Elementary School in Roxbury. And that's just the conducting/directing; I'm also singing in Anthology and Schola Cantorum.

I finally have everything I ever wanted, and I am going insane because I don't know if I can handle it. Isn't that always the way? At any rate, it will be a very tough year, so good vibes, free food, and people coming over to do my laundry for me will be gratefully accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment