Thursday, December 04, 2008

Weekend Concert Calendar, 12/4/08

There is so much good music going on this weekend, but I am suffering from a nasty cold, and am unfortunately feeling a bit too wan to tell you about all of it. Instead, you can click here.

However, there is one EXTREMELY important concert coming up tomorrow, Friday, that you definitely must go see...and that is my quartet Anthology! Here are the details:

This Friday Anthology is presenting our first ever Christmas concert! We will be concentrating on Christmas music of America, although there will also be the occasional side trip to England, France and Spain for some familiar beloved carols, and some new gems. With Christmas music ranging from early American shape-note tunes to George Gershwin, from medieval chant to jazz standards, you won't want to miss this concert! This concert will be at 8:00 pm on Friday, Dec. 5, 2008 at First Church in Cambridge, 11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA (in the heart of Harvard Square). Admission will be $15 for adults and $5 for children.

4 comments:

  1. << This concert will be at 8:00 pm on Friday, Dec. 5, 2008 at First Church in Cambridge, 11 Garden St., Cambridge, MA (in the heart of Harvard Square).>>

    I don't think I'm crazy, but I was there, then, and could only find the Collegium--what did I get wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Carolyn:

    Did I say First Church in Cambridge, 11 Garden St.? I meant First Parish in Cambridge, 3 Church St.

    We found out about my stunning mistake on every piece of press we sent out the night of the concert, and trust me, I could not feel like a bigger idiot. I hope to God I never make this mistake in my life again. Sorry. But we're doing it again this Friday in Union Sq., Somerville, if you're free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rats! Well, that explains it, anyway!
    It didn't occur to me to try that direction.
    They used to be the same church, but they split in 1829!

    Very sorry to miss it, as I can't get to Union Square this Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had an audience member who ran over and made an announcement at the front of First Church (bless him) but that was pretty early (like 20 min. before the concert, maybe?) and we also asked the people taking tickets for that concert to keep an eye out for our lost audience members, but unfortunately I guess they missed you. Again, I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete