Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Obit.

A little over a week ago, Sharon Lee Kelley passed away. I sang with her in Cappella Clausura, and she has also sung with the Tanglewood Festival Chorus, Handel & Haydn, the New World Chorale and Chorus pro Musica at various times, just to name a few. She was a total delight as a colleague - sarcastic, witty, funny, and also kind and twinkly, and also incredibly knowledgeable and a great musician. It has been tough to really come to terms with, not only because this season is so demanding but also because a beloved member of my church choir suffered a bad fall, and is in the hospital in "critical but stable" condiction, and I am incredibly anxious about her. But I know that at the next Cappella Clausura rehearsal I go to, it will probably hit me quite hard. RIP to a great Boston musician.

No comments:

Post a Comment