Sunday, August 29, 2004

A gig, a very palpable gig!

I am so excited! I just got signed on to be the choral conductor for the AMC's Mountains and Music weekend this October! From Friday through Saturday, about a hundred singers and instrumentalists stay at Pinkham's Notch, go on hikes, and go to rehearsals, and on Saturday evening there's a concert, where the orchestra sight-reads a symphony (in this case Beethoven's 8th) and the chorus performs a piece they've been working on with the orchestra. Meaning that not only do I get about 8 hours of rehearsal time with the chorus, I get to conduct an orchestra for the very first time! In performance! Aaaaah!

No pay, but free room and board, and the most valuable thing of all, experience. Eep! This is so exciting! And I have only 6 weeks to prepare! You can bet I'll be running whooping to my advisor first thing after Convocation tomorrow, and begging for help choosing repertoire!

A more complete description is here, at the AMC site!

W00t!

1 comment: