Sunday, November 27, 2011

Small life update

So, last summer I participated in a recording session for a video game. It was VERY interesting, and now that the game is out I'm actually allowed to talk about it! It's called Ace Combat 3DS Assault Horizon Legacy, and you can see a preview here (and also hear me singing in the background! We were singing words, really.)

I hope I get to do something like that again; the people in charge of the recording session seemed happy with the work of the assembled singers, so you never know!

8 comments:

  1. were you in the heavy metal part too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Adrian:

    Nope, we only sang here and there, in the more classical sections. I don't remember exactly, but it wasn't more than 30 min. of music; most of the soundtrack doesn't have us in it, I would guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I could have done the heavy metal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Terry:

    Er, what? Are you in a heavy metal band now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I just happened to stumble across this while I was looking up stuff on Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy.

    Do you happen to remember the lyrics to the music you sang for the game? Lyrics for Ace Combat games can be notoriously hard to find.

    Also, when you guys were singing it, did you ever learn the title of the song? Assault Horizon Legacy has a music player function, but it doesn't list any names for the songs--ust numbered tracks.

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Trev-Mun:

    I'm going to have to see if I still have the music (my memory is crap, so I don't remember the lyrics) and also double-check my contract to see if I'm allowed to talk about it. :) I'll post another comment here in about a week after I look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:36 AM

    That sounds like a super fun gig. I'd love to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ thesoprano: It was fun, although we were completely wiped out by the end of it (there was only one session, and it was super-long.)

    ReplyDelete