Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday link

Last week I mentioned Stile Antico; this week several people, including my mother and some of my church choir members, e-mailed me a link to a story on NPR about them. So, for your listening enjoyment, here it is!

(It rather bugs me, I must say, that the NPR blurb-writer harped on the lack of a conductor so much. Renaissance music really, really doesn't need a conductor if the singers are at a professional level. Ever tried singing Renaissance music w/o a conductor? It's REALLY EASY. And the things that separate a spectacular group from a good one are not things that can be helped by a conductor. Peter Phillips just needs to sit the heck down. Stile Antico is impressive for a number of reasons, but the lack of a conductor isn't one of them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment