Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Boston Cecilia concert - ushers needed!

I'm happy to report that my laryngitis healed in time for me to sing the Cappella Clausura concerts, and they went very well! We also had a recording session just last night of the concert music, which was interesting, because things felt much better in my voice when it was healed and healthy last night from when it was barely over laryngitis several weeks ago! Interestingly the thing I really lost when I had laryngitis was my low range. Who would have guessed? If nothing else, getting laryngitis was very educational. Among other things, I'm now more enthusiastic about using hand sanitizer, in an effort to prevent a repeat occurence.

I also have another concert announcement! Half of my 9-5 job time is spent being the Operations Manager for The Boston Cecilia, a really excellent choir in Brookline. We have three concerts coming up this week, on Dec. 8 at 8 pm, Dec. 9 at 8 pm, and Dec. 10 at 3 pm. The Friday concert is downtown at Church of the Advent (in the Back Bay) and the Saturday and Sunday concerts are at All Saints Parish in Brookline. More information can be found here.

As Operations Manager, I'm in charge of finding ushers. We're all set for Friday and Saturday (although if you really want to come, we could always use one more) but I need several more ushers for Sunday. You show up at 1:45, hand out programs, and then you get to listen to the concert for free! It's going to be a really splendid concert, with Poulenc and Messiaen and Tavener and Britten (oh, my!) Please let me know if you'd be interested in ushering. Also feel free to point musically-minded friends towards this post, especially if they're free on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment